Friday, December 1, 2006

I'm Glad My Friend Isn't Shot

As I sit here at my desk I look up at the wide array of pictures scattered across my cork board. I begin to realize the plethora of changes I've gone through in the short period of maybe a little over a year. Not only physical changes, but changes mentally, emotionally, an overall maturation. As my good friend would put it, I'm growing out of my shoes. This maturation I feel is the reasoning behind many of my new life questions and insecurities. I'm beginning to realize and question thoughts and beliefs that had always kept me content with life. I now feel these beliefs are somewhat childish and sheltered. I mean don't get me wrong, I still indulge myself in a number of stupid activities. Usually all involving alcohol (EX. The other morning waking up branded). But I feel as if my recent thoughts and questions are all part of this grand plan we all try to live out called growing up. I feel these thoughts will continue to evolve and hopefully some of my new questions will be answered.

Well enough with the serious ramblings. I woke up this morning to gain a new appreciation for my friends because I realized we all do so much stupid shit, one of us may just end up shot one night. Yes, yes we're idiots. I just smoked my first final of the semester, pretty stoked about that. One down, 4 to go. One more week to go and I'm home for a month. I'm anxiously awaiting snowboarding season. I hope it actually snows alot this winter. Last winter I got my board and snowmobiles and it barely snowed. That was sarcastically exciting. I also can't wait until Z-Money gets home from France. I haven't seen him in the longest time and I can't wait to make beautiful musical symphonies in my newly built extra garage. I have some great new ideas for songs and I'm hoping to figure out this recording program I bought so we can record some of them and get them online. Miss December is quite beautiful and I hope this month never ends. Well it is now 3:13 and I think I will go treat myself to some "Tucker Death Mix". Start my night off a little early. I wonder if anyone actually reads my blog. I would venture to say no.

Currently Listening To: Colour Revolt's EP

2 comments:

Pseudonym Jim said...

I read your blog man, and I matter... no, really.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave I read your blog too. I can't wait to get home, I hope I don't get shot cause I do some stupid shit too.
Zac